Often clients will have a specific training need and they want us to design and deliver a short course on that topic. We start by understanding the outcomes needed and the context in which the target group are working, it’s all about making the learning relevant.
We design a course that’s going to engage the group and crucially make a difference. Short courses are typically half or one day in duration and here are some recent courses that we have designed for clients:
- Real leadership
- Commercial insight
- Leading change
- Coaching skills
- Dignity at work
- Performance conversations
- Stress management
- Handling politics in the workplace
- Interviewing skills
- Discipline and grievance
- Presentation skills
- Personal impact and influence
Some clients have broader or more complex requirements such that a single course wouldn’t meet the need. In these situations we design a programme comprising courses on specific topics often in combination with individual and/or group coaching and some activity to help pull together and apply what’s been learnt e.g. an Improvement Project.
Recent programmes designed for clients include:
- The programme comprises courses and group coaching sessions. The workshops topics being:
- Leading change
- Commercial awareness
- Building a customer based improvement culture
- Coaching for engagement and performance
- Courses and 1:1 coaching sessions. The workshop topics being:
- Impact, influence & communication
- Persuasion & negotiation
- Managing conflict & difficult situations
We have been a respected centre for the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) for over 10 years providing qualifications in leadership and management as well the more specialist coaching and mentoring.
“A great pace, plenty of examples, anecdotes and presents in a manner that enables the right amount of discussion.”
The achievement of a nationally recognised qualification can give individuals confidence and increased motivation. At Macnaughton McGregor we have an impressive track record in inspiring people to go on to further training and development.
Qualifications are either:
- designed based a set of units with a workshop for each assessed topic or
- we take a development programme designed to meet organisational requirements and match the courses to relevant units to create a tailored qualification